Welcome to SQL
SQL is useful for creating and querying relational databases. Learn how to use SQL with this interactive course!
Introduction to SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Server is a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) developed by Microsoft. It is a highly scalable product that can be run on anything from a single laptop, to a network of high-powered cloud servers, and anything in between.
Database Management Tools?
SQL Server comes with a number of tools to help you with your database administration and programming tasks.
Some typical database administration and programming tasks could include:
- Create & maintain databases
- Create & maintain tables
- Create & maintain other database objects such as stored procedures, views, etc
- Create & maintain and schedule data backups
- Replication (eg, create a copy of the database)
- Create & maintain users, roles, etc
- Optimization tasks
Learn more: NetBeans IDE 8.2