WinHex - Software hexadecimal editor
WinHex is a hex editor capable of editing, checking the files, recover lost data or deleted and perform many operations other binary data.
WinHex is essentially a universal editor hexadecimal, particularly useful in the field of computer forensics, data recovery, low-level data processing and information technology security. WinHex often used daily or in cases of public emergency for the inspection and editing all kinds of files, recover deleted files, lost data from hard drives when system files damaged system from a memory card or digital camera.
The Hex Workshop Hex Editor by BreakPoint Software is a complete set of hexadecimal development tools for Microsoft Windows. Hex Workshop integrates advanced binary editing and data interpretation and visualization with the ease and flexibility of a modern word processor. With the Hex Workshop, you can edit, cut, copy, paste, insert, fill and delete binary data. You can also work with data in its native structure and data types using our integrated structure viewer and smart bookmarks. Data editing is quick and easy with our extensive features that allow you to: jump to file or sector location, find or replace data, perform arithmetic, bitwise, and logical operations, binary compare files, generate checksums and digests, view character distributions and export data to RTF or HTML for publishing.
Hex Workshop includes a Sector Editor with disk imaging tools, a Base Converter for converting between hex, decimal and binary data types, a Hex Calculator supporting arithmetic and bitwise operations, an expression calculator supporting variables, conditionals, iteration and arithmetic and bitwise operations, and a data visualizer designed to help you visually identify patterns and interesting data from rendered images. Also included is our Data Inspector that allows you to quickly edit and view data in decimal, floating point or time and date representations.
What's new in this version:
Hex Workshop v6.8 features integrated structure, color map, and expression calculator editors with syntax coloring. The structure editor includes in-line error messages to aid in debugging structure definitions. Additional usability and font/layout sizing changes are included.
Key features of the software WinHex hexadecimal editor
- Disk editor for hard disks, floppy disks, CD-ROM & DVD, ZIP, Smart Media, Compact Flash, ...
- Powerful directory browser for FAT, NTFS, Ext2 / 3, ReiserFS, CDFS, UDF
- RAM editor, providing access to the virtual memory of other processes
- Data interpreter, knowing 20 data types
- Editing data structures using templates (eg to repair partition table / boot sector)
- Connect and splitting files, unifying and dividing the bytes / odd and even
- Analyzing and comparing files
- Search functionality and flexible alternative
- Disk cloning, with a specialist license also under DOS
- Create image file and drive backups (optionally compressed or split into 650 MB archives)
- Programming interface (API) and script (only in the professional & specialist)
- 128-bit encryption, checksums, CRC32, hashes (MD5, SHA-1, ...)
- Delete files securely, hard drive cleansing to protect your privacy
- Import all clipboard formats, including ASCII hex values
- Convert between binary, hex ASCII, Intel Hex, and Motorola S
- Support Character sets: ANSI ASCII, IBM ASCII, EBCDIC, (Unicode)
- Switch between windows quickly. Printing, random number generator
- Support file size of 4 GB. Very fast. Easy to use, and more ...
In summary, WinHex not merely a data recovery tool, it can do a lot of other things like permanently delete data, analyzing files, ... Especially in case of need to investigate reports message on a computer, WinHex can help professionals find important evidence to solve the problem.