OBS Studio - recording and streaming video software effectively
OBS Studio (formerly OBS Multiplatform) software is recording and live video streams, effectively. This version is a complete rewrite of the Open Broadcaster Software (OBS original), with the main objective is to support multiple platforms, equipped with thorough feature set and a more powerful API. OBS Studio Currently available for Mac, Windows, Linux.
OBS Studio is available on the features of the original OBS and supports many advanced features such as multiple outputs, preview the stream, supporting multiple platforms.
The interface of the software direct video transmission OBS Studio
The main purpose of the video stream software rewrite OBS
- Make it can run on multiple platforms, use the library, functional, multi-platform layer in the device lets do it. Multi-platform support is one of the main reasons for OBS is rewritten. This also means that the UI toolkit will be necessary for the user interface. It also allows the use of OpenGL and Direct3D.
- Separating applications from the core (core), allowing custom applications if desired, and easily extend the user interface.
- Simplifying complex systems easy to use and maintain.
- Write better API and the entire system is modular
- Improved overall design of all subsystems, API, reduce and eliminate errors in design.Thus, the problems encountered in the old OBS as custom output, multiple outputs simultaneously, better handling of inputs, custom services have been resolved.
- Create better basic code standards-based encryption more secure, using the standard library (not just STL, C but also many other things like ffmpeg) and improved retention, rehabilitation projects.
- Effects system implementation, independent shader API, helps create better shader, easier without having to repeat the shader code.
- Better device support.
Although the original OBS was very helpful for users to record and stream live video, but it remains quite limited and the introduction of OBS Studio helped to overcome these problems. If love OBS original version, you should try OBS Studio and feel the changes that it brings.