Disk Drill for Mac - data recovery software free for Mac
Disk Drill for Mac is a data recovery software is fantastic and it's free for Mac users.
You are required to restore the deleted files on Mac OS X, such as the important work documents, photos, videos or songs? Or has the whole file and partition disappeared from the Mac? You are having troubles accessing an external USB drive or camera memory card? Now, no need to worry more because Disk Drill for Mac will solve all your problems for you.
Recovering data from any storage device
Whether you lost data from any type of storage device, if any, can connect them to your Mac and see the contents, then Disk Drill can still scan and restore. Even, even if you are having trouble accessing the hard drive or an external device, it is still a good chance for data recovery software free can retrieve your files. Disk Drill can help you recover:
- Deleted files from Mac hard drive and built-in material to be removed from the USB flash drive.
- Losing a partition on the external hard drive and lost songs on your MP3 player.
- Deleted photos from camera and video camcorder.
- The song lost iPod (Nano, Mini, Shuffle or Classic).
- Books erased on an electronic reader.
- Unable to access the memory card (eg: SD Cards, Flash, XD, etc.).
Restore all types of common file system
Disk Drill has several powerful scanning process. It can scan the following file systems:
- HFS & HFS +
- FAT / FAT32 / exFAT
- EXT3 / EXT4
Restore file types
Deep scanning method of the software will work on any file system, even the system drive is damaged or missing files.
List of Disk Drill files that can be recovered include:
- Image files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF.
- Graphic files, such as AI, PSD and INDD.
- RAW image file: CR2, NEF and DNG.
- Video files such as AVI, DV, MP4.
- Audio files such as: AIF, MP3 and WAV.
- Document files such as DOCX, PPTX and XLSX.
Scan and preview files before recovery
Advantages of Disk Drill most amazing is that you do not have to pay any costs until the guarantee that your data has been completely restored. You can scan your hard drive and preview files with the Disk Drill. Once you are sure your file is likely to be restored back, you can upgrade to the Pro version. And if you install Disk Drill before losing data, several data protection features of Disk Drill will allow free data recovery on Mac.
Data protection and never lost it
Disk Drill has several data protection features for free. Once you've enabled them, you will not have to worry about data recovery for Mac anymore.
- Guaranteed Recovery (Recovery Mode guaranteed) - Keep a copy of the file that you deleted to the trash.
- Recovery Vault - Keep a record of all the metadata of deleted files so they can be restored quickly to the location and file name intact.
- SMART Monitoring - Alerts you about hard drive problems before the situation that it is broken.
If you have a damaged disk, partition loss or should prevent valuable data from being overwritten during the scan, the Disk Drill will provide a few ways to maximize the recovery of your data .
- Backup to DMG images - Backup an entire hard drive or partition from the damaged drive to the new drive as a DMG file.
- Create a read-only drive - Protecting a non-system drive during the scanning process to your data being overwritten by OS X or another application.
- Search partition - Restore partition on the drive HFS +, FAT & NTFS partition and create a virtual for any files that are found.
- Scan lost HFS + - Search and rebuild the Mac HFS + partition that has been formatted.
- Rebuilding HFS + quickly.
Disk Drill for Mac is a powerful tool that lets you scan your computer or other connected device for lost files and, with the paid version, recover them. While not all files are recoverable, Disk Drill uses a variety of techniques to find or reconstruct files that were lost or accidentally deleted, and is successful in many cases.
Connect and scan: This program works on files that were stored on your computer, but it can also recover items stored on any other device that you can connect to your Mac. This makes the app a lot more useful, and streamlines your file recovery process quite a bit, since it means you can use one program for just about all of your recovery needs.
Multilevel scans: Disk Drill has two types of scans available, depending on how a file was lost and how long it's been since it was deleted. For recently deleted files, the Quick Scan is most effective and can bring back files with their original filenames intact in most cases. The Deep Scan gives you options when more time has elapsed since a file was lost, but it takes longer and can't always reconstruct the original filename.
Previews: Once a scan is completed, the Preview feature lets you see which items that showed up in the scan are actually recoverable in a useable form. That way, you can quickly determine what in the search results is worth retrieving.
What's New in version 22.214.171.124 Disk Drill
- Deep Scan Tool (Scan) can identify files as THUMBS.DB (file system that contains the saved thumbnail), LWS (LightWave 3D Scene File), LWO (LightWave 3D Object File), ALS (Ableton Live Set File), SKETCH (Sketch vector drawing).
- Allow recovery of file formats are packaged in digital form, and Keynotes page.
- Improved use of disk space, CPU speed.
- Improved algorithms enable internal applications.
- Fix the problem often occurs when switching user accounts.
Advantages of Disk Drill
- Connect and scan: This program handles well the files stored on the computer, but also recover data from multiple devices to interact with your Mac.
- Scan multiple levels: Disk Drill supports two types of scan depends on the cause and time of data loss.For the new file is deleted, the Quick Scan and the most efficient grain almost completely restored the original file. Meanwhile, the Deep Scan to users more choice when the file has been lost for a long time.Besides, it also takes a bit of time to find and less likely to fully recover the original file.
- Previews: Once the scan is complete, the Preview feature allows users to see more of the components have been shown on the scanner interface.
Disadvantages of Disk Drill version 126.96.36.199
The free version only supports scanning for lost files. And if you want to restore the original data, users have to pay ($ 89) to use the full version.