Google Hangouts was known as Google Talk, however Griffith updated to Google Hangouts in May 2017. Instant - Messaging - Calling section will provide some information about this software.
GOOGLE HANGOUTS PROMOTES CHAT, SEND AND RECEIVE MESSAGES, MAKE VIDEO CALLS
Google Hangouts allows you to manually update your current status (ie. "I am in a meeting" or "Currently on leave"), however the ability to set your status to 'available', 'busy', or 'invisible' has been removed
Find out more about Hangouts
Google Hangouts not only promotes chat, but also allows you to send and receive messages, make video calls and share your screen from anywhere, using any device.
You can start Hangouts on your computer and continue the conversation on your mobile phone or tablet. Or you can start a Hangout video call from Gmail, Calendar or your mobile device.
Use Hangouts to keep in touch. Message contacts, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group.
• Include all your contacts with group chats for up to 150 people.
• Say more with status messages, photos, videos, maps, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.
• Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 contacts.
• Call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
• Connect your Google Voice account for phone calling, SMS texting, and voicemail integration.
• Keep in touch with contacts across Android, iOS, and the web, and sync chats across all your devices.
• Message contacts anytime, even if they’re offline.
Please refer to the Google Learning Center to get started using Google Hangouts. Download hangouts to explore.