Microsoft ActiveSync is a software used to synchronize the file format or different information between the Pocket PC device or a Windows Mobile Smartphone (collectively, WM device) to your computer.
The following actions apply to the device used Windows Mobile 2003 and 2003 SE, if you use the Pocket PC 2000 or 2002, the operations will be much different.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ACTIVESYNC
There are some things you need to prepare before you proceed to install ActiveSync:
1. Go to the home page on Microsoft's Windows Mobile ActiveSync to download the latest version: Windows Mobile 5.0 operating system which is not officially available equipment on the market. The usually supplied ActiveSync version 3.7 or earlier.
2. Make sure the USB cable socket or not connected to a computer is connected to.
3. You should take an empty USB port on the computer, avoid connecting through a USB port on the device intermediate else.
4. If you want to work in sync Calendar (appointments) or your contacts list (Contacts) between your PC with WM, you need to install Microsoft Outlook before, please note that Microsoft Outlook, a member of the Microsoft Office Outlook Express and not available for the Windows operating system. Windows Mobile 2003 CD (SE) comes with Microsoft Outlook 2002 with registration number is usually printed right on the holster plate.
5. After completing steps 3 and 4, it is best to restart the computer and a soft reset (usually click on a small hole after the body of the device).
6. Note that the ActiveSync allows you to create a standard contact types (standard partnership) with two different computers and synchronize data between them.
7. If you intend to synchronize data via WiFi wireless connection, make sure that the Device ID (also known as the name of the partnership) of the machine can not underscore character "_". While the WiFi network as the character "_" is illegal, Microsoft has always used it as the character used in the default name, you should change this default name when asked to. If there are names missing character "_", you can change at any time in the device: from the Start menu> Settings> System tab to switch to> select About> Device ID card switch> at the Device Name box set a valid name for the machine.
On the user experience, the following have some you can not complete by using ActiveSync, do not try:
1. If you connect the device with more than two computers, you can only select up to two of them to make a contact standard, with another computer, you can select the type of contact client (guest partnership) to read data in machine WM.
2. ActiveSync only allows you to synchronize your account with a unique e-mail, so you need to decide what machines will be synchronizing e-mail, and on the 2nd, you should uncheck the box Inbox data synchronization.
3. ActiveSync only synchronize data with Microsoft Outlook, you do not try to synchronize data between WM and a computer with any program management personal information (Personal Information Management - PIM) else including Outlook Express by ActiveSync.
4. ActiveSync synchronization only in the root directory of the Task (task), Contact (contact), Note (notes), so you need to rearrange the data in Microsoft Outlook on the computer before proceeding data synchronization.
5. ActiveSync only allows data synchronization are located in the main memory of the device, so the backup operations frequently the main memory is essential.
6. ActiveSync does not allow the user to create a partnership with a WiFi connection.
Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 is the latest sync software release for Windows Mobile-based devices. ActiveSync provides a great synchronization experience with Windows-based PCs and Microsoft Outlook right out of the box. ActiveSync acts as the gateway between your Windows-based PC and Windows Mobile-based device, enabling the transfer of Outlook information, Office documents, pictures, music, videos and applications to and from your device. In addition to synchronizing with a desktop PC, ActiveSync can synchronize directly with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 so that you can keep your e-mail, calendar data, tasks and contact information updated wirelessly when youre away from your PC. ActiveSync 4.5 supports PC sync via USB cable, Bluetooth, or infrared connection.
Version 4.5 improves issues related to setup, partnerships, and connectivity with the PC and Microsoft Exchange.