IrfanView - View and edit photos for free
IrfanView is an image editing program compact and powerful. It provides users with many tools to refine and add effects to images very quickly. In addition, they can set it as the wallpaper for your computer directly in the application.
Irfan View is a compact and powerful photo editing program that gives you the tools to touch up and add effects to your photos. You can set images as your desktop wallpaper directly from the app, and put the finishing touches on all your photos with just a few clicks.
Convenient help: When you open Irfan View for the first time, a Web page also opens displaying a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the app. The information found here can help you navigate just about any process or situation you encounter when using the app. You can access this page again at any time from the Help menu.
Hot key configurations: Also in the Help menu, you'll find a listing of all of the preset hot keys the program contains. This list is extensive and covers just about every operation Irfan View can carry out. So once you learn the hot keys for your favorite operations, you'll be breezing through editing projects in no time.
Some limitations: With all of the functions this app provides for editing and manipulating images, it would be nice if it was possible to undo more than a single layer or to preview certain changes before you make them.
Drop-down navigation: There are multiple tools lined up across the top of the main app interface for easy access, but these mostly have to do with opening, saving, and similar operations. For all types of photo editing tools, you have to access the drop-down Image menu above the toolbar. This aspect of the interface requires more steps than we'd like, but once you learn hot keys for your most-used features, it won't be such a limitation.
Overall, this is a great free program for photo editing, viewing, converting, and for slideshow creation. It works fast, and its super-streamlined installation process means you'll be editing photos before you know it.
From Irfan Skiljan: IrfanView is a fast and compact image viewer/converter. It is trying to be simple for beginners and powerful for professionals. It supports file formats and features. Features include: multi-language support, Thumbnail option, Painting, slideshow, toolbar skins, fast directory browsing, batch conversion/editing, multipage editing, file search, change color depth, scanning, cut/crop, IPTC edit, capturing, lossless JPG operations, effects, watermark image option, ICC support, EXE/SCR creating, many hotkeys, command line options and plugins.
What's new in this version:
- New File menu: Save Selection as (Hotkey: CTRL + SHIFT + B)
- New option in Capture dialog: Show timer countdown
- New option in Export Tiles dialog: Extract all pages from multipage files
- New option in Fine Rotation dialog: Select "best" old image
- New option in Print dialog: No image overflow on page
- New HTML-Export dialog option: Copy extra files to destination folder
New features of photo editing applications IrfanView 4:41
- 64bit version: Use 32-bit TWAIN driver if the driver does not install 64bit.
- Add new dialog, improving the user interface on Windows tablets.
- New shortcuts: SHIFT + Tab: Start / finish Tablet mode.CTRL + Insert: Edit -> Copy.
- New Slideshow Shortcut: Q = Pause / Resume 1 slideshow somehow.
- More options / info for command line: When writing CSV file: /info=infofile.csv.
- Added option to install Plugins for: / silent and / folder.
- Fixed some bugs (automatic color correction, compression PNG file, UNC-Paths in 64-bit versions).
The main advantage of applications to view and edit photos IrfanView
Provide rapid assistance
When you first open IrfanView will have a web page appears and displays a list of frequently asked questions are asked regarding the use of applications. The information found here can help you manipulate any process or handle their situations encountered during use IrfanView. You can revisit this page at any time from the Help menu.
Supports multiple custom hotkey
Additionally, in Help menu, you will see a list containing the default hotkey in the program. This list is relatively widespread, and it covers all operations that IrfanView done. So as soon as you learn the hotkeys for your favorite apps will be amazed with this program.
The main features of IrfanView image editing application
- Support multiple image file format, video and audio.
- Supports multiple languages.
- Provides the option to preview and displayed in thumbnail mode.
- Lets draw straight lines, circles, arrows or straighten and crop photos.
- Provide skins for the toolbar.
- Create a slide show and save it as EXE / SCR or burn to CD.
- Display content of EXIF ??/ IPTC / Comment in the presentation or in full-screen mode.
- Support for Adobe Photoshop filters.
- See folders quickly.
- Conversion and batch processing of images at once.
- Edit multi-page TIF files.
- Search files easily.
- Supports multimedia player.
- Change the color and depth.
- Batch scanning photos.
- Add picture or text watermark.
- Edit IPTC.
- Add multiple effects to photos such as: Sharpen, Blur, Adobe 8BF, Filter Factory, Filters Unlimited ...
- Take a screenshot.
- Remove red-eye effects.
- Crop and rotate photos in the desired angle.
- Extract icons from EXE / DLL / ICLs.
- Rotate JPG images without compromising quality.
- Unicode support.
- Provides many hotkeys.
- Supports many command line options and plug-ins.
- Do not change the registry if the user is not allowed.
- Allow print and send photos via email.
In summary IrfanView can meet the basic needs today view photos, while also helping edit images easily. So please download IrfanView to experience the useful features that this software offers.