WhatsApp Messenger for Android - free messaging Widget on Android
Free messaging app WhatsApp Messenger has a new version with updated features to share PDF documents, add more emoticons and allows users to back up data Google Drive is easy.
The latest feature of WhatsApp Messenger messaging application for Android:
- Send and receive PDF documents easily.
- When attached PDF fie, touch the "Browse other docs ...." to choose PDF from a certain source, such as Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive (requires Android 4.4 or higher).
The main feature of WhatsApp Messenger for Android
- No hidden costs: Once your friends download the application, can use it to chat as much as you like.Send millions of messages a day to take some friends without any charges. Whatsapp using an Internet connection: 3G / EDGE or Wi-Fi to transmit and receive messages.
- Multimedia: Send video, photos and voice notes to friends and relatives.
- Group chats: Enjoy calls in groups with people in your contact list.
- No-cost international calling: Like not take any cost to send an international email, at no cost to send WhatsApp messages between countries. Nice chat with friends around the world as they please if they also install WhatsApp Messenger and remove fears expensive international rates.
- Backup data to Google Drive: Access the Settings> chats and Calls> Instant Backup to back up messages and shared media files to recover data in case of lost or misplaced phone.
- Starred messages: Tap hold on any message in the conversation to marked with stars so you will easily search as needed (similar to the Bookmark feature). If you want to see again, you can access the path: CHATS tab => Menu => Starred Messages.
- The link you shared or received from friends are now supporting the preview (including thumbnails and titles). When sharing a link, you can choose to enable or disable this feature.
- Supports sharing features directly on the device, allowing users to quickly select a conversation when you want to share the content from another app (Android 6.0+).
- Backup data to Google Drive: Backup chats and media data to Google Drive, so in case of loss of equipment, conversion or upgrade to a new Android phone, you can easily recover them. To activate this feature, go to Settings => chats and Calls => Instant Backup.
- Adding new languages: Kazakh, Tagalog, Uzbek, Marathi and Malayalam.
- Compatible with the requirements of granting access Android 6.0.
- Needless pin code and username: Why need to remember yet another PIN or username longer do?WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS and fully integrated with the device's phonebook.
- No need to log in / log out: No longer in trouble with the logout from a device or another computer.With the ability to push notifications, WhatsApp is always active and always connected.
- No need to make friends: the user's Address Book is used to automatically connect to the contact list.These contacts have WhatsApp Messenger installed automatically displayed.
- Offline Messages: Even if somehow missed a notification or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save offline messages until the user can read them at the time the next application use.
- Other additional features: Share location, exchange contact list, customizable wallpaper, custom notification sounds, landscape mode, accurate time stamps for messages, emails, chat history, spreading news and MMS message to multiple contacts at once, ....
- The custom notification settings and mute mode for each conversation
- Mark the conversation had read or unread.
- Users can touch and hold the emoji to choose from different colors. Such Vulcal hand icon from the icon Star Trek and middle finger usually accompanied vulgar meaning; users can tap to change the color hold.
- When there is someone's business card, you can send or save the address quickly if they used WhatsApp.
- Reduction in capacity use on WhatsApp calls by accessing Settings => chats and Calls.
As the app that Facebook recently bought for $19 billion, WhatsApp Messenger for Android justifies its worth by offering an almost free SMS service on mobile through an instantly accessible and appealing interface. This app makes chatting and video, image, and voice notes sharing on the go quick, effortless, and fun.
Awesome functionality: WhatsApp Messenger for Android enables you to share text messages with anyone on the globe so long as they use the app, without the need for usernames, passwords, or log-ins -- your phone number acts as your ID.
Inviting interface: Pretty, smooth, and accessible, the app's interface and the features its puts at your disposal, such as emoticons and straightforward multimedia sharing buttons make this app a joy to use.
Easy contact importing: Once you set up the app, it automatically scans your address book for other users who have the app on their device. No need to add contacts, manually.
Potential privacy issues: While the app makes it easy for you to connect with others, we feel that it doesn't give you enough control over who gets to see your messages. Moreover, in our tests, the Nobody option for the Last Seen feature, which should prevent others from seeing our activity, did not work.
WhatsApp Messenger for Android stands out as a remarkable messaging app, probably the best around. You can use it as a replacement for the SMS function of your smartphone, chatting with your friends and family without any limit. As to cost, this app is free in the first year and then charges you only $1 a year, a fantastic subscription price considering that the app is ad-free.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of WhatsApp Messenger for Android 2.9.1547