CompuApps SwissKnife - Tools to create a hard disk partition
SwissKnife allows users to create, delete and format partitions on the hard disk drive is very easy. This tool allows you to create NTFS and FAT 32. FAT 16 option is only supported for compatibility. Support for internal communication as IDE, SCSI, and support for external interfaces such as high-speed USB, parallel port, PCMCIA, Firewire, SATA, ... In addition it also has the ability to create all kinds format for mobile and fixed disks. SwissKnife latest version has added support NTFS and features resize windows.
The main features of SwissKnife include:
- Formats faster than the OS.
- Allow resizing cluster while performing or Quick Format Full Format.
- Divide a disk into several partitions.
- Support for High Speed ??USB, PCMCIA, SATA, SCSI, USB 1.1 and Firewire.
- Support removable disk format and fixed.
- Supports partitions FAT, FAT32, NTFS.
- Lets create a single partition with a maximum capacity 2048GB FAT32 or NTFS partition.
- Perform Quick Format Full Format or existing partitions.
- Selection of the partitions can be configured for optimum flexibility.
You'd expect a program called SwissKnife to do all sorts of things, but this tiny application does only two: creating and quickly formatting disc partitions that can be read by Mac, Windows, and Linux systems. It can't resize, move, or even delete created partitions, nor can it work with partitions on the boot disc. It can, however, make FAT32 partitions larger than 32MB--something Windows 2000 and XP can't do. For swapping an external drive between platforms, CompuApps SwissKnife is just what you need. Otherwise, you'll probably do just as well with Windows Disk Management.
If you are looking for an external hard disk drive that can be used interchangeably between Windows XP, Windows 98, Mac OS, and Linux, there is only one way to prepare the hard disk and SwissKnife does it for you. You can create, delete partitions and format your IDE hard disk drives in one smooth, simple process. SwissKnife allows creation of FAT32 and NTFS partitions. FAT16 option is provided for compatibility. Supports Internal interfaces such as IDE and SCSI and External interfaces such as Hi-Speed USB, Parallel port, PCMCIA, USB On-The-Go, Firewire, and SATA interfaces. Create Fixed and Removable Disk Format types. Version 3.22 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.